Sunday, March 9, 2008

Shredded BBQ Beef Sandwiches

Everyone in the family loves this sandwich! I got the recipe from my mother. I would have to say this is a no-fail recipe...easy to prepare and delicious. You should probably get 15 or more sandwiches from this recipe, depending on bun size.

Ingredients

3 lbs. chuck roast
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
2 teaspoons paprika
2 cups chopped onion (I use less...probably a cup or so)
1 cup water
1 cup catsup
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce

Instructions

Brown chuck roast and place in roasting pan or dutch oven.
Mix all other ingredients and pour over roast.
Bake covered at 325 degrees for 3 - 4 hours until meat is tender and shreds easily.
Shred with a fork and serve on buns.

Note: I adjust ingredients based on how many pounds of roast I use. Sometimes I will use 4 lbs. and just increase the other ingredients accordingly.

2 comments:

Cara Jean said...

Nice touch with the three pickle slices.

Anonymous said...

Can't take credit for that. It was my mom's idea. Glad you liked it.