Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Potatoes au Gratin


This recipe come from my Good Housekeeping Cookbook. I have adapted it to my family's tastes. This is a favorite of my youngest daughter, Cara. It is easy to make and very good! I have been making it for many years.

Ingredients

1/2 stick butter or margarine
6 - 8 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp onion salt
1cup (or more) shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 - 1 cup fresh bread crumbs (I cut up a few slices of bread in small cubes)

Instructions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In 12" by 8" baking pan in oven, melt butter. Remove from oven. Add potatoes and both salts; toss together and arrange potatoes in even layer in baking pan.

Sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs. Cover pan with foil. Bake 25 - 30 minutes; uncover and bake 20 minutes more until potatoes are tender.

No comments: